VOID IAFF is part of a growing community of animation lovers, producers, and professionals worldwide. Take part in VOID IAFF and dive into international top-class animation which also dares to be different. We aim to push it, crush it and inspire the next generation of animated filmmakers to be not only tech-savvy and into their craft, but also daring, exploring and personal.
Call for Entries is now closed. Thank you to all the submitters!
Rules & Terms
- VOID IAFF accepts all forms of animation – including works of fiction, music videos, commissioned and documentary works with a special eye to animation of young adults/adults. Projects that feature both animation and live action or other elements are eligible for consideration, as long as the animation carries a substantial weight in either story or style.
- The festival organizers reserve the right to dismiss any film that fall outside the umbrella of animation. This decision is final and at the discretion of the festival.
- The same short can be submitted to more than one category. The categories are:
*Animated Short Film
*Fresh Content/Alternative Platform
- Student films/project which are NOT graduation films can submit to the Animated Short Film category.
- Films/projects must have been completed after January 1st 2019.
- Films/projects must be available for screening in a cinema quality copy no later than October 1st 2020.
- Submission of a film implies that the submitter is the holder of the screening rights for the film (also online), and that no rights for all or parts of the film are in dispute.
- Submission also implies that the submitter will be willing to screen the film a maximum of three times during the festival and online.
- In case the film is selected, VOID IAFF will ask you to provide it in DCP format jointly with a back-up copy in MP4 or ProRes.
- Film must be submitted in English and/or with English subtitles already burned in.
- Early entry is encouraged to avoid paying late submission fees. Any submission fees are non-refundable.
- Films must be Copenhagen premieres. Danish premieres are preferred. Please highlight if the film is a Danish premiere in the submission form and email us at email@example.com.